The Home and Community-based Services (HCS) Program is a Medicaid waiver program approved by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). It provides community based services and supports to eligible individuals as an alternative to the ICF/IID Program. The HCS Program is operated by DADS under the authority of HHSC. Individuals eligible for the program:
- Can be Texas residents of any age
- Must be qualified for care in an intermediate care facility for individuals with intellectual disabilities and related conditions (ICF/IID).
- Must have a determination of an intellectual disability in accordance with state law or have a diagnosis of a related condition with an IQ of 75 or below.
- Cannot be enrolled in another waiver program.
- Must have income and resources that do not exceed specified limits.